Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Lost In My Mind

Ten months on Saipan. My mission year is almost over. I started counting down the days till departure about a week ago. I was encouraged not to do that until there was only a week or so left.  Only five days now. How do you spend your last week on a tropical paradise? It's going to be so hard to say good bye to everyone. This place has become home and these people have become like family to me.

The Head and the Heart said it well, I am lost in my mind. I keep reminding myself to document all that I can and to let the people here know how much they mean to me. I sit in my chair in the office and watch the time speed by in fast forward.

I've packed my suitcase! 49.9 lbs. Cutting it close but I don't mind selling my second suitcase because if there is one thing I have learned from being here it is that I don't need so much stuff.. I've learned a whole lot more than that though.

Tonight is the Child Development Center End of the Year program. Tomorrow is my last day of work and the last time I get to see the faces of all these kids! 150 kids I've learned the names of and watched grow this year. They are precious children and I have been blessed getting to work with them this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment